Leaving Space and Extending Grace
We all have an opportunity to care for one another in new ways. This care at Covenant takes the form of open communication, a willingness to stay home for the sake of others, and caring for our own health with good hygiene practices both in and outside of school. We seek to care for our entire community by enhancing our cleaning and disinfecting protocols, expanding our sick policies and procedures, and staying connected during times of absence.
Covenant Classical School is working to align our daily operations with the stated requirements for face coverings and guidelines from federal and local authorities and experts in the medical field.
Does this mean our students are required to wear masks all day at school?
Students and teachers wear face masks when inside the school building in an effort to protect our community members. Our team has intentionally designed time throughout the day for students to be outside in order to take refreshing breaks from face coverings. Large outdoor tents allow students this important time outdoors even during inclement weather.
We're Moving Forward!
- Our much-loved morning walking club has returned.
- Our students enjoy recess with multiple grades.
- We allow 4 students at a lunch table instead of just 3, and students are able to sit with students from other grades.
- We’ve returned to weekly recitation times for all Grammar School grades
- We have Morning Lauds for the Grammar School grades.
- We again have all-school chapel on Fridays.
- Our Logic School students returned to playing dodgeball at the end of lunch.
- Parent volunteers have returned to the classrooms.
Returning to School
When can my child return to school after being ill?
When it has been determined that the symptoms are not caused by COVID-19 AND when the symptoms have improved. According to the recommendations from the IDPH there are three ways to determine that a child’s symptom is NOT COVID-19.
- Contact your child’s primary care doctor. He/she is able to sign a note indicating an alternative diagnosis.
- OR Get a COVID-19 test and present the negative result.
- OR Quarantine for 10 days and observe if symptoms disappear.
Download Covenant’s guide for your reference. See our Resources section for the forms needed after isolation and quarantine.